Wednesday, December 31, 2008

But My Eyes Are Upon Thee

2008 is almost over. And prophetic declarations are now being said of the Philippines by different people - the source of those we may never truly know. But as they become too pessimistic of what is to come, I reject the urge of believing in a single word they say. So I asked my God what He has prepared for us in 2009.

The other night, I had a dream. And in my dream He showed me a verse. I had to memorize it over and over before I woke up . Funny!

Well, actually, I did have quite a quake in my memory. I couldn't remember if it was Chapter 1, verse 8.. Or it was chapter 8 altogether.. Hahaha! Hmmm.. I had to go back to my dream (oh well, not literally). I had to play it on my mind over again just to look into the verse once more. It was Matthew 1:8.. Go ahead, turn with me to Matthew 1:8..

"Asa begot Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat begot Joram, Joram begot Uzziah."

Yes, that is Matthew 1:8..

Don't worry, we have the same initial reaction. I thought, Hmmm.. maybe I got it all mixed up. Maybe it was Matthew 8. So I looked into Matthew 8. Okay, it was a better chapter, I guess. At least, it was saying something more. But my heart wasn't at peace. I could feel my heart starting a revolution.

I went back to Matthew 1:8.. And while reading it, God impressed something on my heart. He told me to find the chapter that tells about the life of Jehoshaphat. Oooooh, interesting, isn't it?

I was led to 2 Chronicles 20.. I wouldn't be feeding you with that chapter here in my blog cause I want you to take this time to open your Bible, read it and ask the Lord to speak to you through Jehoshaphat's life.

But before I close, let me just highlight this part which I believe I (and every single follower of Christ) am called to do for the year 2009.

This is the Prayer of Jehoshaphat, and in this prayer lies the key to the peace and prosperity that not a single "prophet of the world" has ever spoken for the years to come.

5 And Jehoshaphat stood in the congregation of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the LORD, before the new court, 6 And said, O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee? 7 Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever? 8 And they dwelt therein, and have built thee a sanctuary therein for thy name, saying, 9 If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help. 10 And now, behold, the children of Ammon and Moab and mount Seir, whom thou wouldest not let Israel invade, when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them, and destroyed them not; 11 Behold, I say, how they reward us, to come to cast us out of thy possession, which thou hast given us to inherit. 12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.

May our hearts be humbled as Jehoshaphat's and may this prayer be the whisper of our lips throughout the year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! PEACE AND PROSPERITY BE TO YOU IN 2009!

GLORY TO THY MAJESTY,

haze