Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Angel of Death Passed By and I was Spared

Later this year, Kuya Carlo (our Pastor at Destiny Ministries Manila) has been sharing about the Power of the Blood of Jesus. The Power of the Blood WHEN APPLIED UPON OUR LIVES. This is based on the book of Exodus chapters 11 and 12.

Just about this time, the virus I will now call "cough and flu" has been haunting the Filipinos. In my office, my boss, the girl sitting right beside me, the girl sitting across me, the girl sitting beside that girl sitting across me, the girl on the ground floor (we are at the basement), and even the guards and our janitors have been taken hold by this virus. Home wasn't a safe place for me either. The girl who sleeps just under my part of the bed, the girl who sleeps across our bed, the girls at the other room, they were all coughing and coughing and coughing the whole day and the whole night through. Thinking about how I easily get infected by this kind of virus, I knew it won't be long before I myself get it in my system. My immune system is really a bit down even before (i was even hospitalized because of Dengue Fever).

Then came the preaching of Kuya Carlo. One early morning while I was having my personal time with my God, I asked Him to give me a revelation of the Power of His Blood. And I had the impression on my heart that I will never truly know the Power of His Blood lest I apply it over my own life. A bulb lit up. I knew where to first apply it. Upon my health. I prayed to God, "Lord, I apply Your blood upon my health, upon my nose." Yes, that specific, haha!

Every single day, I was doing this. When I hear my boss cough, I'd pray in a whisper, "Lord, I apply Your Blood upon my health, upon my nose." When my officemates sneeze, I'd pray in a whisper, "Lord, I apply Your Blood upon my health, upon my nose." When the girl sleeping just under my part of the bed cries because of the uneasiness she feels during the night, I'd pray in a whisper, "Lord, I apply Your Blood upon my health, upon my nose."

And you know what happens next.

The virus was just passing by all this time. Just passing by. As if I was invisible that it couldn't touch me. Praise the Lord! I applied the Blood of Jesus over my health and disease could not touch me.

With this, my faith has just jumped to a higher level. And I am just excited to see how the Power of the Blood of Jesus, when applied, will change every aspect of my life.

Let us go to the story when the Angel of Death passed by and the people of the Lord were spared. Exodus 12 says..

1 While the Israelites were still in the land of Egypt, the Lord gave the following instructions to Moses and Aaron: 2 “From now on, this month will be the first month of the year for you. 3 Announce to the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each family must choose a lamb or a young goat for a sacrifice, one animal for each household. 4 If a family is too small to eat a whole animal, let them share with another family in the neighborhood. Divide the animal according to the size of each family and how much they can eat. 5 The animal you select must be a one-year-old male, either a sheep or a goat, with no defects.

6 “Take special care of this chosen animal until the evening of the fourteenth day of this first month. Then the whole assembly of the community of Israel must slaughter their lamb or young goat at twilight. 7 They are to take some of the blood and smear it on the sides and top of the door frames of the houses where they eat the animal. 8 That same night they must roast the meat over a fire and eat it along with bitter salad greens and bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat any of the meat raw or boiled in water. The whole animal—including the head, legs, and internal organs—must be roasted over a fire. 10 Do not leave any of it until the next morning. Burn whatever is not eaten before morning.

11 “These are your instructions for eating this meal: Be fully dressed,[a] wear your sandals, and carry your walking stick in your hand. Eat the meal with urgency, for this is the Lord’s Passover. 12 On that night I will pass through the land of Egypt and strike down every firstborn son and firstborn male animal in the land of Egypt. I will execute judgment against all the gods of Egypt, for I am the Lord! 13 But the blood on your door posts will serve as a sign, marking the houses where you are staying. When I see the blood, I will pass over you. This plague of death will not touch you when I strike the land of Egypt.


Interestingly, we should take note, that the instruction was given to the Israelites, the people of the Lord. Not to strangers. Every single detail was said on how to do it, and do it right.

They are to take some of the blood and smear it on the sides and top of the door frames of the houses where they eat the animal.

Imagine this. One family, did everything right. From verses 1-6. But one thing they forgot to do was to apply the blood on the door frames. The pail of blood was left "unapplied" at their doorsteps. Now, the Angel of Death came. It went from one house to another and to another and to another until it reached the house of that family. In one second, the firstborn child died and a loud cry was heard.

They were God's people but they were not spared because they missed to do one thing. APPLY THE BLOOD OF JESUS.

Many Christians, I believe, are experiencing the same thing today. They have the Blood of Jesus in their lives and they know the Power of His Blood, but somehow when we look at their lives, we see otherwise. Why? Because they forget to do one last thing commanded by God. They forget to apply the Blood of Jesus upon their lives.

Apply the Blood of Jesus over your life, your heart, your thoughts, your boss, your work, your finances, your family, your ministry, your leaders, and truly, truly, you shall say..

The Angel of Death Passed By and I was spared.

humbled by Your Majesty,

haze


1 comment:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you for this great reminder. It is amazing how at times we can overlook this one important detail. God Bless You Always, and Always P.U.S.H.